La version française suit
RA, Scientist, and Senior Scientist career postings may be available for this team at Hyasynth. Please submit only a single application to the most appropriate posting. Required experience can be found in the job postings.
Hyasynth is a Montreal, Canada based biotechnology company that produces natural and engineered products through microbial fermentation.
It was founded in 2014 to satisfy a growing demand for cannabinoids by the pharmaceutical and consumer markets.
Hyasynth is expanding its research and development team to accelerate production and scaling of its proprietary processes.
If you are interested in working at the cutting edge of synthetic biology and applying and developing skills as part of a dynamic and passionate team, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume and application to the website below.
We’re seeking a Fermentation Research Associate to join our Process Development team to develop scalable fermentation processes for our growing suite of engineered natural products. The successful candidate will bring into the lab an understanding of microbial physiology and biochemical engineering to facilitate the successful development of lab, pilot, and commercial scale fermentations, and will collaborate closely with the strain development, screening, and downstream development teams to ensure efficient identification and scaling of promising strains from the bench to commercial scale.
- Effectively work inside the lab alongside other fermentation process development team members towards the development and optimization of scalable fermentation processes.
- Operation, maintenance, and turnover of large and small scale fermentation vessels and bioprocessing equipment.
- Basic microbiological QC testing, including turbidity measurements, culture and seed bank preparation, and microscopic analysis.
- Chemical solution preparation and solvent-based small molecule separation for downstream analysis.
- Collaborate with strain development and screening teams to map performance in microtiter plates to that in bench-scale fermentations
- Conduct experimental work to facilitate tech transfer of strains and bioprocesses to contract manufacturers and commercial production facilities
- Effectively document experimental purpose, design, data, and interpretations.
- Effectively communicate within and outside of the fermentation group, in both written and verbal formats, technical insights and recommendations.
Expected Experience and Capabilities
- BSc in biochemical engineering, microbial physiology, or a related discipline. Relevant industry experience is prefered,
- Understanding of the mechanics of stirred bioreactors, their set up, take down, control, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with the timely development and scale-up of a microbial fermentation process for small molecule or enzyme production
- Knowledge of statistical design-of-experiments and process modeling is preferred.
- Successful hands-on experience with microbiology techniques, preferably with yeast; experience with additional microbial hosts is desired.
- Understanding of process scale-down (designing predictive microtiter plate models) is a plus
- Experience with tech transfer of materials and processes to customers and/or contract manufacturing facilities a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage timelines and priorities
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced-environment, while rapidly learning new skills.
Location: (Downtown) Montréal, QC, H2X1Y4
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Status: Full Time.
Pay rate: Competitive compensation, benefits package and stock options.
(Scroll to the top or the bottom of this page to apply.)
La version française.
Associé de recherche en fermentation
La version française sera bientôt mise à jour.
Adresse : (centre ville) Montréal, QC, H2X1Y4
Date de début : Dès que possible.
Statut : Temps complet.
Salaire : Selon l’expérience du candidat